BYL 0.00% 8.0¢ brierty limited

BYL added two tiddlers to the pail. Two small (a few million...

1. 4,241 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1233
    BYL added two tiddlers to the pail. Two small (a few million dollars, typically less than $10M) contracts were added to its contracts-won list for March 2016 – namely:
    • Tindal Airbase Erosion – Client: Department of Defence
    • Lakelands Shopping Centre Forward Works – Client: PEET
    In the light of the major win of the 4.5 year RIO contract in 2015, the regular Main Roads WA work, plus the long-term housing estate project at Mitchell Creek Green, NT (over 500 residential lots progressively delivered through to 2017), I am unconcerned about the decline in numbers and value of small contracts booked relative to two and three years ago.

Mitchell Creek Green is the Zuccoli Stage 2 project, which BYL's subsidiary, Bellamack Pty Ltd, won about two years ago. Bellamack Pty Ltd, which trades as Territory Life, was incorporated in February 2009 as a vehicle to deliver a 5-year contract to develop the suburb of Bellamack for the NT Government. When that project drew to a close in FY14, Territory Life won the Zuccoli Stage 2 contract. Territory Life pays BYL for services, which one sees recorded as a client in BYL's presentations – e.g, in FY15 you can see under “Value in Small Projects” work obtained from Territory Life recorded for Zucolli Stages 2A, 2B and 2C.

As an aside, Zuccoli Stages 3, 4 and 5 went to Costojic Ltd. BYL may not have wanted more land-development commitments at that juncture – it is not BYL's core business. If PEET, or a similar land developer, wanted to operate in the NT, and use BYL as a service provider, I imagine that BYL would be happy to cut a deal that resulted in it handing over the land-developer role, but keeping the earthmoving and related work (road building, kerbing, guttering, pipe laying and the like).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BYL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.