just so we're clear, "assault style" weapons are weapons...

1. 149 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    just so we're clear, "assault style" weapons are weapons systems based on the AR and/or AK etc platforms, 30+ capacity mags. main arguments for keeping the things are 1 - home defence, 2 - if the US citizens have to fight the government.

1 - I've competed in IPSC comps and I'd rather a good pistol over a carbine (rifle) any day of the week for home defence. Rifles are for range, not CQB. Any ex or current military here will tell you running house clearance drills with a rifle for MOUT or the like is clumsy cos
    they're too big

2 - I don't care if the average bloke in the States spent 10K decking out his AR with the best RMR sights he can buy, hang a surefire torch/laser off his pic rail - that's still no match for the US military if they really wanted to have ago

both arguments make no sense. the Los Vegas shooting from the hotel room is a perfect example of where carbines have the potential for mass casualties. if he had run a suppressor on his rig and had drums instead of mags, a few dozen people could've been dropped before people even figured out what direct the rounds were coming from

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.