PLS 3.16% $3.26 pilbara minerals limited

Another usage for lithium batteries, page-9

1. 11,547 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2125
    Hi jprs
    As much as I appreciate your post I have to take the information contained within with a grain of salt. I'm not a laser expert, but I'm an F-Class target shooter (a sniper in American language). Most F-Class shooters, even a poor one like me, can easily take out a man size target out to 1km and beyond, and 2km is no great task on a still day with the larger calibre's. So the said laser rage of 800 metre's would be less than the average range for a standard powder propelled projectile already in use. So why use a laser rifle with limited range? I've also had many a discussion with a military friend that has been involved with testing experimental laser guns fitted to tanks. Even with a huge lithium battery of several thousand KGs they could only fire a couple of shots, and it had less range than their cannon. In short, a lithium battery capable of firing 1,000 rounds would probably be the size of ten houses and unsuitable for an assault rifle to be carried by one man in the field . That said, I could always be wrong, but that article sounds like science fiction to me. It just doesn't stake up to the power created by current lithium battery tech as we know it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.26
Change
0.100(3.16%)
Mkt cap ! $9.756B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.22 $3.27 $3.21 $40.62M 12.53M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
54 302987 $3.25

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.26 122722 26
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.14pm 30/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.