More left wing nutcase attack on Australia's cultural traditions...

1. 7,192 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 235
    More left wing nutcase attack on Australia's cultural traditions  - a school principal Jeff Lyon unilaterally decides the pupils at his school no longer need the cultural tradition of Mothers Day in their lives.

Why doesn't he stick to what he is paid to do instead of imposing his leftwing BS on young pupils.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...d/news-story/19b290258b933298e648db34de65f2ab

A Melbourne primary school that scrapped its Mother’s Day stall in the name of “diversity” and “inclusivity” is understood to have reversed the decision after a phone call from a concerned parent — Bill Shorten.

Instead, principal Jeff Lyon revealed, the school would celebrate UN International Day of Families. “I believe celebrating International Day of Families is a more inclusive way of celebrating the richness, diversity and complexity of living and loving as a family in the modern world,” Mr Lyon wrote. “The day highlights the importance of all caregivers in families, be it parents, grandparents or siblings and the importance of parental education for the welfare of children.

”The Opposition Leader, whose daughter goes to Moonee Ponds West, rang the school late yesterday. He said the decision had been reversed.

Victorian Education Minister James Merlino distanced himself from the move. “While these are local decisions, I would have thought Mother’s Day was a great opportunity to celebrate not just mums but other carers and family members,” he said. “I know I will be spoiling my mother this Mother’s Day.

”Opposition education spokesman Nick Wakeling pointed the finger at the Andrews government for forcing “political correctness” on schools. “Mother’s Day is about celebrating the maternal figures in our lives, whether it is mum, grandma, an aunt or a female mentor, and honouring their contribution as women in society,” he said. “If it’s not banning the signing of traditional Christmas carols or reading classical fairy tales, (Premier) Daniel Andrews’ attack on our cultural traditions continues.”

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.