SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

another week, page-12

1. 66 Posts.
    baukaw

thanks.

I'm quite friendly with a guy at Afferro. AFF obviously monitor this situation - they will be huge winners from the Chinese commiting to the development of the railroad. I think the AFF guys are fairly friendly with the SDL guys. In his personal capacity [not official Co stuff of course], he is confident like you that the Chinese will complete but that they need to ensure suitable SOE partners with offtake needs & competence to build the project. He thinks that SDL shareholders understandably just want paid & out but that the Chinese are focused on getting everything right & for them the prior timetable has been a bit artificial & more driven by the pressure from the shareholders.

I think the Chinese tend to agree to unrealistic timetables because in their culture saying "no we can't do it by this time" is considered blunt & rude - so they say "we try our best" meaning no chance by that date! [I had some experience of this when trying to get factory production timetables agreed with Taiwanese / Chinese factories]. I think the extended timetable this time is because SDL might have said tell us realistically when you can deliver.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.