QAN 0.33% $6.12 qantas airways limited

After years of loyalty to Qantas (the most expensive airline in...

1. 5,851 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 711
    After years of loyalty to Qantas (the most expensive airline in the world ) i will try and use the remainder of my hard earned frequent flyer points and let my Qantas Club membership lapse.

Having just recently returned from what was primarily a Qantas overseas journey (some with joint partner facilities) it has become most noticeable that the quality and quantity of food and beverage in the lounges has fallen away........part of cost restraints? I couldn't believe what I witnessed at Heathrow's shared facility between British and Qantas.

Here we have Qantas (the most expensive airline in the world) who are telling us that "offshore" is better for the company, and yet, I dare say most Australians would very much doubt that they would ever see a reduction in future Qantas air fares if they in fact were to position themselves off shore..

Who of sound mind, other than flyer point junkies would fly Business Class with Qantas at a minimum fare of $10,000 - return- when you can currently book with Malaysian Airlines for up to 12 months in advance for a return Business Class fare of $5,900.
    Mind you, the $10,000 fare quoted here for Qantas is the low fare so that is cheaper than the average fare price.

While Qantas fight and bicker over wages , the rivals are cleaning up.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.12
Change
0.020(0.33%)
Mkt cap ! $9.972B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.12 $6.15 $6.08 $14.00M 2.290M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 68170 $6.10

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.12 25980 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.