QAN 1.46% $6.74 qantas airways limited

Lol bossdog, I do apologise for insulting you by calling you...

1. 3,784 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1552
    Lol bossdog, I do apologise for insulting you by calling you Qantas management. It used to be a prestigious job.

I feel like I am the same, all this spin is going to my head, I believe it is from both sides though. Since Qantas has the media, as an ordinary person who relies on Aussies having jobs to run my business, I wanted to look at it from both sides, hence my apparent pro union stance(although I'm not relly pro union, more neutral).

I guess we all 'know' a Qantas pilot or two. Interesting point that you brought up with the 2nd officer and Virgin 1st officer.

My friend said that Qantas are one of the few airlines in the world to employ 2nd officers and that they are used for long flights, so instead of having 2 captains and 2 1st officers as most other airlines do on long flights, they get away with paying the 2nd officers(as much as they do) because the Qantas overall crew cost for the pilots is less. Ie Qantas has cheaper pilot cost for the whole crew, not on a pilot per pilot basis.

Anyway, that is enough of my 'pro union' spin, I don't want you getting dizzy.

Oh and by the way Sally, I understand you leaving, it is a shame though, I'm going to try stick by Australian employees/employers. If it goess ultra offshore, I might be joining you, so I might be asking for your recommendations :)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.74
Change
-0.100(1.46%)
Mkt cap ! $10.98B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.83 $6.83 $6.69 $42.81M 6.343M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 106346 $6.74

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.75 2974 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.