QAN 0.68% $5.94 qantas airways limited

ansett all over again., page-2

1. 36 Posts.
    Some reasonable points however why do carriers like Lufthansa and Finnair whose wage rates are higher than QANTAS and compete in a much more hectic european market against the cheapies still sustain growth although I admit the profitability is low but they would looove to have the QF domestic market??

Methinks it is simply down to poor management. I have never worked for any airlines and I know the gripes from employees are not just with QF. Who would actually like to work for Singapore Airlines at the contracted rates and conditions. I suggest nobody unless you are desperate.

Also most of the airlines suffer pretty much from pathetic management viz the unbelievable Tiger exercise and the litany of failed airlines.

As a frequent traveller its just glows like a beacon on the horizon every time you travel the simply unbelievable decisons that mangement makes and asks staff to implement while they sit on their backside in First Class.

This is the process of travel which the airlines have engendered over the past say, 8 years.

The jingoism of national airlines and catchy "anthems" doesnt hold water with the public anymore however the management continue to insult the FF's and the travelling public with almost sickening adverts like the latest full page splurges by QANTAS.

Please give a man a break!! I look forward to an early end to my travels...if I could.

PS and... have you ever travelled on an Airline that has not won an award for something!!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.94
Change
0.040(0.68%)
Mkt cap ! $9.678B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.92 $5.95 $5.89 $13.41M 2.260M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 194441 $5.93

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.95 37856 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.