QAN 1.43% $6.37 qantas airways limited

ansett all over again., page-51

1. 36 Posts.
    Bravo Sally.

I for one am glad you raise these issues in a forum.The mainstream media probably has commercial interest in presenting the QANTAS side of the current arguments.
    Only the ABC appears to have an unbiased approach. (mind you they can be very selective also).

I must say I’m sick to death of major companies in Australia professing the “look after shareholders” line. What it basically means is pursue profit at any cost. They fail to realise that they have customers and as a forced frequent international traveller of 30 years I have had to put up with the whims of school boy managers suchas Dixon and Joyce and previously the kiwi Ansett mob and the master of spin James Strong.

The simple fact is that when QANTAS lost its free ride on monopoly routes to the UK and USA the existing management didn’t have a clue what to do. I remember when China began booming that QANTAS gave away slots to Beijing and cancelled that route . They did the same with Mumbai. Their next major step with Dixon was to centralise everything to Sydney which, to this day , forces anybody outside of Sydney to have terrible connections to anywhere in Europe. He also spent zillions on lounges which remain in Sydney half occupied most of the time but I suspect looked after his “mates”.

Joyce and his board clearly have a sub agenda. Remeber Joyce was in the chair only a month when he tried to suggest buying the almost bankrupt BA!

I could list many more points that suggest that the QANTAS board has an ulterior motive for basically dumping the international business however I think it is simply a matter of incredible incompetence viz the latest nauseating full page ads of the last month. Are they really that STUPID. Ithink so.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.37
Change
0.090(1.43%)
Mkt cap ! $10.33B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.32 $6.38 $6.25 $13.83M 2.186M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
29 22566 $6.36

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.37 19817 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.47pm 26/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.