QAN 0.68% $5.85 qantas airways limited

As I said bossdog, it doesn't appear to be about wages and...

1. 3,769 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1548
    As I said bossdog, it doesn't appear to be about wages and conditions, nor about Qantas being a bad place to work.

It appears to be about how Qantas is run. Setting up an airline in Asia, all the while not being able to run the International business here. If management had tried to fix it with new routes or new aeroplanes, a positive can do attitude to take the staff on a journey, then they would have a work force that would move mountains and skys.

Yet they continue to antagonise them with offshoring jobs and putting down the staff. When this is all over and possibly fixed, the jobs of management are still untenable. Why? There will still be a bitterness in the air.

I still ask the question, do you believe that Qantas can go into Asia and take on the likes of Cathay, Singapore, Korean, Asiana, Malaysian and all the other full service carriers in the region? All on their home turf? Could you imagine one of these trying to take Qantas on, on their home turf? (Please don't use Tiger as an example, it will just defeat your arguement)

The one thing I did take out of that interview, the unions believe that they have the long term interest in Qantas at heart and are trying to stop this from becoming another Ansett. It doesn't matter whether you or I think they do or not, they still believe in Qantas. They just have to be given the tools to take Qantas to the top.

I believe that the employees don't have the right tools under this management. With the right management, us shareholders, will be rewarded and we will be rewarded by a workforce ALL pulling in the right direction. At the moment, it is so fractured, shareholders will lose out.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.85
Change
-0.040(0.68%)
Mkt cap ! $9.532B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.84 $5.91 $5.84 $38.05M 6.494M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 22710 $5.85

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.86 26030 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.