STU 0.00% 94.0¢ stuart petroleum limited

Likatiger,Keep your stripes, and note the leopards keep their...

1. 13,963 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1047
    Likatiger,

Keep your stripes, and note the leopards keep their spots (baring radical management changes).

To the very limited extent to which STU has been a success, you can put that down to Worrier. Subtract Worrier from the equation and you'd have needed a lot of capital raisings like all the other try hards in the CB, eg GOG,VPE,IMP,ETE,RAW,SEA,EPE,EBR. We're still waiting for the verdict on INP.

Truth of the matter, only BPT & COE of the new entrants to the CB have created any net wealth out of it, and both have done it very well, repeatedly, out of multiple successes yielding a high return on the exploration dollar.

Asides from Worrier STU has a modest return on the exploration dollar, the others an have made appalling losses, destroying wealth. They've all drilled enough wells to prove the track record is more than just luck.

You imply STU had a bad 2006, but I'd say the whole period 2004 to 2007 was consistent, starting with very poor hedging decisions in 2004. I held from 53 cps in 2003, added early 06 on misinformation, sold around 150 after they came of their $2 high, and the story spun was looking pretty tattered.

Everyone is free to buy what they like, but imo the men have been thoroughly sorted from the boys in the Cooper basin, with the jury still only out on INP (which I would not be backing).

Goodluck, you sound like you"ll need it,
    EL

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.