my comment was re ophir saying atheists were agressive.They...

1. 4,357 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 114
    my comment was re ophir saying atheists were agressive.
    They never bother me, unlike christians who are fundamentally dishonest because their beliefs are simply lies! Try to find evidence of Jesus Christ outside biblical writings.... there's nothing there!

The core of Christianity?the worship of a miracle working, walking, talking godman who brings salvation?was also the core of other ancient religions that began at least a thousand years before Jesus.

Heaven, hell, prophecy, daemon possession, sacrifice, initiation by baptism, communion with God through a holy meal, the Holy Spirit, monotheism, immortality of the soul, and many other "Christian" ideas all belonged to earlier, older Pagan faiths. They were simply part of ancient Mediterranean culture. Along with miracle working sons of God, born of a mortal woman, they were common elements of pre-Christian Pagan religion. Mithras had 'em. So did Dionysus, Attis, Osiris, and Orpheus. And more.

And they had them generations?centuries? before Jesus was a twinkle in Saint Paul's eye.

http://pocm.info/

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.