RNE 25.0% 0.2¢ renu energy limited

antarctic ice shelf in peril as bridge snaps, page-103

1. 20,020 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 870
    It was only zzedzz that I put on ignore after a number of interactions with him (or her?). Apologies for the condescending undertone. It just gets me that people think that all these international organisations are wrong and that there is a global conspiracy and it is therefore OK to pollute the atmosphere because CO2 has no effect because temperatures have changed in the past and they will do so in the future and therefore why all the fuss. I really do think that sitting on the fence is dangerous. 20 years of debate and now people are still prepared to sit on the fence. What do they need to be convinced? Just my opinion. No offence intended to anyone.

I've read a lot on the subject. My opinion is that anthropogenic climate change is now unavoidable and we will have to live with it for the rest of lives and the scary thing is our children will have to deal with most of the consequences. I don't have any children, but it scares me that many people who do, don't seem to care. Even if you approach this from a purely risk based analysis angle, sitting around debating the issue is a very dangerous and costly stance to take. Why not clean up our act, improve our environment and living conditions and if in the very slim chance that we find out later that climate change was all one big conspiracy and has no basis, what have we lost? We will have a cleaner more sustainable society not dependent on foriegn oil or local coal or gas. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

To be honest, HC is a trading site that caters to a lot of traders for whom fossil fuels is the norm so I don't expect everyone to agree with what I say. The ignore button works both ways, I know that. Anyway, you're not in any danger HP, your a holder and you also have many interesting GDY related things to say, so I look forward to some more robust conversations with you in the future. :-)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.