AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

flurnt, and fellow posters, apologies in advance for being a bit...

1. 1,030 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 183
    flurnt, and fellow posters, apologies in advance for being a bit long-winded on a Sunday morning... BUT I see the Rio Verde BIF as being potentially another Trindade North style of operation for AVB.

The rock chip samples are comparable in %Fe to what was found at TN.

The region potentially containing the iron is on tenements either held by AVB, pending for AVB (RV East), or on Vale ground, as far as I can establish. That is fantastic. Right place, right time again for AVB.

From what TP said, you can actually see over to that rock-chip spot from Antas South. He is aware of it. As I have mentioned before he said there is so much iron in the Carajas you have to kick it out of the way.

AVB has its hands full with copper, so it is up to Vale.

It is possible that one of the current negotiations could centre around Vale exploring this RV iron deposit.

Vale has the two big deposits. Serra Norte mine (6Bt @65%Fe) next to Trindade North, and Serra Sul at (10Bt @ 66%)
    Serra Sul deposit is hitting major barriers to start up and has been nominally postponed by two years. It is dealing with major environmental and historical obstacles.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/02/us-vale-mine-caves-idUSTRE7911L920111002

In fact it may not even be able to start up at all.

If RV-BIF looks prospective, it may well feature high on the priority list for exploration by Vale. For sure they would have strolled over and checked it out (provided it has no caves or artifacts like ancient indian beer-bottles). Especially given the delays at Serra Sul and the cloud over it. The pressure for more in-ground Fe resource must suddenly be very high, given the long lead times to actually mine.

Given the location, could RV-BIF ever become another Serra Norte/Sul? Maybe. Then I hope AVB cut a really good deal on it. It is potentially in a far bigger league than TN I suspect.

The comment "New Iron discoveries would not be unexpected in the Carajas"

http://www.avancoresources.com/pdfs/AnnualGeneralMeetingPresentation29Nov11.pdf

page 5

A TP cryptic clue??? What on earth does this apparent throw away line mean!

What new Fe discoveries? Who is going to discover iron? Where? and what is with the tantalising double-negative .." would not be unexpected". This clearly means .. CAN be expected. By AVB? of course. So what has AVB got in the Fe department to generate this throw-away line????

Rio Verde BIF!!!

At least that is my theory.

Surprisingly it is actually one of the main reasons I am holding on to AVB. It is in the left-field department which can boost SP. $40m for TN could look like peanuts. And AVB could well be in a strong bargaining position on this one to get a brilliant return.

Plus..

"Aggressively pursuing advanced projects to underpin the production objective... some negotiations are advanced... targeting acquisition of resources to achieve copper production "..

This is another main reason for holding. I cannot see the acquisiton of yet more ground will do much in the short term to aid the production objective. However if it is something much more like acquistion of an existing run-down concentrating facility that accepts feed stock from RV, or similar move, then all systems go.

I just want to see what it is all about!!!

I was told Avanco Management are all away overseas at present. Wonder if that includes David McEntaggart or Scotty? I hope it is all to do with something BIG. It could also explain the sudden need to employ Dave to handle all the paperwork and legals associated.

No excitement like this with BHP! All good fun.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.