anthony mundine

1. 22,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    If Anthony Mundine is not one of the biggest racists in our coutry, I don't know who is. Political correctness has allowed Mundine to shoot off with anything he wants to say without being accountable for what he says. It's just a shame the media give him centre stage to say what he wants, and he is not endearing himself to reconciliation in any way. He gets away with saying what he likes and he is the first to step up and point the finger at any opportunity.

I was gobsmacked when he refered to some of our great Aboriginal sportsmen as "Coconuts". The fact that this is in reference to them being black on the outside and white on the inside just smacks of racism. So, by that he means that a person should act their colour. A black person must act like a black person and a white person must act appropriately. PC is really starting to annoy me. Why don't the papers have Mundine on the front page branding him a racist. Could you imagine if a white person got labelled black on the inside but white on the outside, whatever that is supposed to mean.

The fact that this man still has credibility or the papers give him a stage is a joke. Whether you hear him talk or listen to his statements you can tell that he isn't the smartest cookie. How can this bloke be credible after blaming the US for 9/11? How can this bloke get away with branding Australian selectors as racist, when Arthur Beetson (great footballer & great man) was a selector and the likes of Gordon Tallis and Wendell Sailor were in the side. How can he get away with calling all aboriginal players to boycott origin when it was an incident that was a conversation between two people.

With the Mundines of the world being our "Aboriginal leaders and role models", we are a long long long way off reconciliation. He wants division and thrives on it. IT is his platform! But, PC being what it is, no media organistion is going to call it for what it really is.

The Daily Telegraph knows that sensationalism sells its paper. The whole Andrew Johns things has carried on too long. What do people really want? Do they want this man to go to prison? We all know he has battled his own demons in the past. Are they not happy till he does something serious to himself? Why does all of this have to keep dragging on? Why does Inglis have to say a week after the event that he is still hurting (to the media). Why not just have no comment, so he will sort this out himself and doesn't want to make it any worse than it really is???? If only Timana Tahu thought that in the first place.

I'm not trying to pain johns as the victim. He was dumb and stupid to say what he said, but lets put it into context. These are descriptive words that any fat, black, yellow, red headed, short, unusually tall, pimpled faced, ugly, big, small person gets every day.

Let's get over it and start putting things into perspective!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.