Anti-Masker Drowns After Trying Out SCUBA Diving Anti-Masker...

1. 29,484 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 33
    Anti-Masker Drowns After Trying Out SCUBA Diving

Anti-Masker Drowns After Trying Out SCUBA Diving — The Betoota Advocate

A first-time diver has drowned during a routine 6m dive yesterday after refusing to wear a mask.

Pam Scoth, 47, was well known online for her anti-mask position, regularly posting memes such as “If your mask is so effective, why do I need to wear mine?” and pictures of masks fitted to anthropomorphic sheep.

According to witness statements, dive instructors and fellow divers tried to explain that the mask was a critical part of SCUBA diving equipment.

“It’s the first thing they teach you” explained amateur diver Cec Henson.

“I mean, SCUBA stands for Self-Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus.”

“If she’s refusing to wear a mask then technically she’s just going SCUA diving. Do you get it?”

“Because there’s no B because she’s not breathing. Because there’s no mask. Haha, classic!”

“I tried to stop her, I really did” said veteran Dive Instructor Stewart Kelvin.

“I was like “Hey, you need to wear a mask, you need it to breathe underwater” and she was like “Don’t you try to suffocate me; don’t you know that masks actually reduce oxygen supply” and I was like “But it’s company policy and stuff” and she was like “Don’t you try to oppress me, Chairman Dan” and I was all like “Don’t forget your weight belt”.

Pam Scoth’s funeral will be held at the base of Mount Panorama next Friday.

Friends and family have encouraged all attendees to strive to violate as many social distancing measures as possible, and bring a friend if they want.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.