"narcissists - for the most part - have an uncanny knack of...

1. 44,208 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    "narcissists - for the most part - have an uncanny knack of picking a core motivator for any particular person. In his case most likely for a nation.". .... in love or in hate or any emotional state in between, people seem to look for confirmation and so see what they think offers such in others. it doesn't really matter if there is true perception or imagined, we look for confirmation - generally.

the tribal motivation, to protect ones own family, clan, tribe, nation against perceived or imagined threats follows the same subjective need imo. when it comes to some personality disorders the perception is often more extreme, the need for confirmation become utterly compulsory.

I've been chatting with a poster on another thread who is utterly convince she/he is correct - theres a lot of it about hey - so even when I post something she/he distorts what I say so that she/he doesn't need to reflect on what is written but focuses on her/his interpretation..... a distortion of course but nevertheless absolutely real to the poster. its the absoluteness of the perception that makes the difference.

whether Netanyahu fits into any of these I will never know, but his attitude to Muslim people in Gaza, described as "human animals", attributed to the military spokesperson mentioned above but also an expression from Net, gives me pause to think about his issues.

with epigenetics theres certainly a sound argument for Jewish people, just as for Aboriginal people and American First Nations people. yet many survivors of the Holocaust who I've seen interviewed and their offspring, seem more balanced and less hate-filled. just as many first Aussies are more capable of making productive and creative lives where they can integrate well. I don't think epigenetics explains everything, but sure it has some effects. Net would be one generation off a Holocaust survivor, yet the anger is so apparent. he's not a crushed person.

so is Zionism an excuse for his personality? does zionism generally trigger such anger and harsh judgement?

I've never met a zionist, yet I've known a few people who've told me they are Jews. to me, all bar one were pretty 'normal' people - that one was an IV user and had some pretty weird ideas.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.