narcissists - for the most part - have an uncanny knack of...

1. 18,026 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    narcissists - for the most part - have an uncanny knack of picking a core motivator for any particular person. In his case most likely for a nation.". ...

. in love or in hate or any emotional state in between, people seem to look for confirmation and so see what they think offers such in others. it doesn't really matter if there is true perception or imagined, we look for confirmation - generally

I understand that but in the case of narcissists they aren’t looking for confirmation. they are looking for cues that tell them what matters to another because it is a source of power. That’s entirely different from what you are talking about. It’s not about building normal connection but power based connections. So they use others desire for connection and confirmation for their own ends. While they may have the same needs it translates into something dysfunctional

Netanyahu is a brilliant political player. He relies on minor parties to rule and this includes the far right. He is able to manipulate and negotiate - for the sake of power.

as to zionists. Well I have met them. But even they can’t be popped into a single bucket. The “shape” of Zionism was very different in early colonial days in australia from even todays zionists. there are those who, while believing in and wishing for the promised land get on with normal every day life without disturbing the universe and those whose passion is without reason - and everything in between .

I have listened to a one hour potted history of Israel which sounds to me like a Zionist gone mad. This is a respected, smart, well bred Jew with a fascinating family lineage to whom I am indirectly connected. it is weird indeed to listen to it.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.