Anti-SSM bigots bash Kevin Rudd's godson

1. 9,853 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Kevin Rudd’s godson attacked over same-sex marriage

THE godson of former Prime Minister Kevin Rudd has been left bloodied after apparently being attacked over same-sex marriage.

FORMER Prime Minister Kevin Rudd has tweeted a picture of his godson who he claims was attacked while campaigning for marriage equality.

The picture of the battered young man was tweeted on Wednesday afternoon by the two-time Labor Prime Minister with a message saying it was a graphic illustration of the trauma the controversial postal survey would cause.

“So many warnings to Turnbull about what the postal vote could unleash. Now my godson Sean has been punched for standing up for marriage equality,” the tweet read.

Sean is pictured in a selfie taken on a bus with a large cut between his eyebrows and blood smeared across his face.
    The tweet has been retweeted almost 500 times.

A Facebook post of the Bulimba 4 Marriage Equality group said Sean was confronted by a man who called him a “faggot” and then told him, “I hate f***ing faggots.”

According to the Facebook post Sean told him, “That’s ok, I don’t like you,” which caused the man to say, “Did you just call me a homophobe?”

View image on Twitter

Follow
    Kevin Rudd

@MrKRudd
    So many warnings to Turnbull about what the postal vote cld unleash. Now my godson Sean has been punched standing up for #MarriageEquality
    4:11 PM - Sep 13, 2017

When Sean replied he did the man allegedly walked over to him and punched him so hard it knocked his head back violently. The post said there were others at the bus stop who ignored the incident.

“No one at the bus stop did anything!”

The disturbing incident comes as voting packs for the same-sex marriage postal survey begin to arrive in Australian mailboxes.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.