UNS 0.00% 0.5¢ unilife corporation

Don't want to hijack a share discussion, but mollymeade I think...

1. 119 Posts.
    Don't want to hijack a share discussion, but mollymeade I think you may have misunderstood the basis upon which people such as myself are critical of the AVN.

I vigorously defend your (and everybody elses) right to choose, but to make an informed choice you need balanced objective information.

The primary criticism that has been directed at the AVN is that it cherry picks information to support what is in essence a philosophical position. It gives parents only some of the available information, then tries to present this limited view as balanced and scientific, which it just isn't.

I'm more than happy for them to be anti-vaccination, I just wish they would openly acknowledge that this is a belief they hold, and stop trying to suggest that there is some science to back it up.

I'm happy for creationists to not believe in evolution, and to live their live accordingly, but they shouldn't be allowed to claim that science supports their position, because it doesn't.

As for swine flu, I agree this was turned into more than it was, but I think the media bears more responsibility for this than 'Big Pharma'. The only force stronger than the drug companies is the tabloid press!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UNS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.