Anti-virus and malware software

1. jwt
    3,744 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 103
    1. Sorry to change the subject but is everyone else getting these coloured thingys/promotional nicknacks on their threads as copied below? Are they HC ads or do I have a widget in the system. Have run Malwarebytes several times but they keep appearing. And on top of that, every second or third post I click on, I get a phone call asking me to do a survey. New HC stuff??
      "don't normally attempt to sway punters one way or the other about charts - their usefulness to me is self-evident. But here goes...

suppose someone you know approaches you and says "Hey, I just bought a truckload of XYZ STOCK for 50c, what do you think?"
      well, what are you to think? if you are a clairvoyant then you'll have no trouble immediately recognising that their 50c entry price is (a) somewhere on par with what the MARKET is paying (b) so far away from the market price that they've been duped (c) they've just bought into a stock on 'delisted.com'.
      But if you are a mere mortal then you'll need a price history to put their entry price into perspective - see, you're using a chart. You might claim not to be using a chart but really, once you attempt to put a price into context then that's what you're up for. Like it or not.

I think the confusion arises because there is a false expectation of a chart predicting where a STOCK PRICE might go. Then the claim is made that charts can't predict anything. Guess what? I agree!

How anyone would INVEST one cent in a stock without caring to know the slightest thing about its price history would be a rare thing. And shown a chart indicating a steady decline in a stock's sp with a diagonal line descending from left to right - who'd jump in? No, I think the charts have it for the best summary you could get of a stock's performance..... unless you're up for clairvoyance lessons? ....

None of my posts are intended to imply any form of INVESTMENT advice."

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.