CEY 0.00% $6.16 centennial coal company limited

Centennial brings forward NSW plans SMH - March 17, 2005 -...

1. 9,081 Posts.
    Centennial brings forward NSW plans
    SMH - March 17, 2005 - 7:09AM

Centennial Coal has brought forward conceptual plans to develop a new coal mine near Wybong in the upper Hunter Valley.

The new mine, Anvil Hill, is planned to produce up to 10.5 million tonnes a year of thermal coal from a resource that has been under detailed investigation since 1999.

Centennial general manager for strategy and development, Malcolm Clyde, said a significant proportion of Anvil Hill coal was planned to be exported, with a large proportion already earmarked for electricity generation in New South Wales.

All coal is to be transported to customers from a loading facility to be built eight kilometres from Denman.

A recent contract with Macquarie Generation has given fresh impetus to efforts to seek a 21 year development approval for the mine, Mr Clyde said.

Coakes Consulting has been engaged to undertake community consultation as part of the approvals process.

A large number of landholders close to the project area have already met with Coakes representatives and further meetings are planned during coming months, Centennial said

Centennial, the largest supplier of thermal coal to NSW power plants from mines that include Angus Place, Springvale and Newstan, is in the middle of a friendly $350 million takeover of rival miner Austral Coal Ltd.

The acquisition would increase Centennial's exposure to the lucrative coking coal export market during a period of unprecedented demand from steel makers."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CEY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.