KTE 0.00% 1.9¢ k2 energy limited.

any advice for an idiot (me)?, page-21

1. 492 Posts.
    Hey aleask,

look day trading is a posh form of gambling on the pokies.

Statistically only about 5% of people who Daytrade (independantly) make any money over the long term.

As the last poster alluded too, you have to be able to loose what you invest and still carry on affording the lifestlye you currently have, if investing like this means you get affected then maybe Lotto is the way to your fortune.

I consider myself to be a short/long term trader in as much as some shares I buy and sell quickly (over 3 or 4 weeks) and other I intend to keep for the next 5-10 yrs.

Three bits of advice, one and most importantly, don't be pursuaded by the HC mob, many of them talk good sense but to much of what you read is just an opinion and not based on any real knowledge.

The other, learn what everything means and go to some of the education sites to see, otherwise some of the information may as well be in japanese.

DYOR, really they will all tell you this and it is so important, you will still get caught out occassionally because there are somethings no-one can predict (like earthquakes for example). You only have to read the DT forums stuff to see how many times a week these "experienced" players get caught out. There is loads of sites ouot there and the Co reports/ann/charts can give you a sense of the company.

If you do these things and see investing as a long term goal then you will do OK, its like having sex for the first time...if there is no foreplay then it's like to all be over all to quickly!!!!

LL

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KTE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.