EPG 0.00% 41.0¢ european gas limited

Hi Halfw,This is the one question I was burning to ask - but...

1. 91 Posts.

Hi Halfw,

This is the one question I was burning to ask - but somehow didn't get to.

It was Heritage who obtained the existing leases from the carcass of Enron(!) - but just how they got hold of them I would love to know.

I can only guess that in the huge melee that surrounded Enron's collapse, that somehow - SOMEHOW - these leases went completely under the radar of every other major in Europe.

Heritage, listed on the AIM in London, have sat virtually ignored for quite some time, and with virtually no cash, and without the management and technical experience to bring the resource to market, did a deal with EPG.

Someone did ask how they had been able to obtain so much prime ground virtually uncontested, and why CBM had not been developed in Europe before now. Anthony McClure's response was insightful - and went something along the lines of:

Virtually all major activity in CBM over the last 10 years has been in the U.S, and with projects springing up everywhere - and every suit, engineer & rig hand flat out, Anthony thought that it was a simple case of no - one having looked at Europe.

I agree wholeheartedly Halfw - it does seem unbelievable that such a massive resource has sat undeveloped right under gas-hungry Europe's nose - but it looks like that's EXACTLY what's happened.

I think the Euro energy industry & markets will look back on EPG in the years to come with sheer amazement that they were able to pull this off.

I still want to have a drink with the Heritage & EPG directors & hear the story of how it all unfolded.

Poyn, with your unquestioned ability with the written word, perhaps the directors will tap you to write the book of how it all went down (from the study of your villa in Tuscany) - 'EPG - A True Story'

Mickey.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EPG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.