any answer to this, page-9

1. Yak
    13,672 Posts.
    I think the question I posed in response to mrains should clarify his thinking that time is a continuum and it all depends where one is, relative to an event, on that line.

Whilst I accept this as a model, I have to admit from where I sit, the past is a readily acknowledable component. To see the light from 100,000 light years ago does sit nicely with me that we are in fact observing a past event. The light has radiated from a pt to my pt in the matrix and I observe it..

However, I start to struggle with the notion of seeing the future....has the light of the "future" event actually come into existence? And if we accelarate to a "future" point on the continuum, will we see the light that at this point in time doesnt yet exist?

So clearly if we are a believer in accessing the future, then its more than a simple light-based model.

It reminds me of an experiment I was reading about many years ago involving lasers whereby the researchers were attempting to shoot lasers in some configuration and accelerate them beyond the speed of light and if fact, on this laser circuit, try and get the laser to return to the emanating position before it actually left

My head hurt then....

My head hurts now........

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.