any good chefs on hotcopper, page-6

1. 7,425 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29

easy would be take away.. but heres one I often surprise missus:

Does anyone know the easiest recipe for biriyani? Chicken/lamb?
    Easiest answers will be selected as best. No, I'm not looking for the word "take out"
    Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
    Its rather tricky what you're asking for, but here's my suggestion. Briyani rice is very easy to make, and so far, all the ínstant' mixes has never been satisfactory. here's how you make briyani rice and trust me this is really nice:

1 medium sized onion(sliced thinly), 3 cloves, 3 cardommom pods, 1 cinammon stick, 2 star anise, 3 tbspn ghee (clarified butter).

Heat ghee as you would oil, then simply fry everything till fragrant (abt 5min). Meanwhile, wash basmati rice, and drain out water. Use a rice cooker!

*The trick to get perfectly cooked briyani rice is to measure in cups how much washed rice you have. And then use equivalent number of cups of water. (eg 2 cups rice = 2 cups water)*

Then pour everything which you fried into the rice cooker, add required amnt of water, 2 tbspn rose water, 1 tspn salt. some saffron strands if you have any, otherwise simply drip some yellow or orange food colouring.

Curry:
    From any Asian shop or supermarket, buy a packet of Brahim ready made recipe for chiocken curry. Its got authentic asian flavours, yet super easy to handle.

Simmer contents of one packet, add chicken, 1.5 cups water, when chicken cooked, add half cup of coconut cream. cook for another 5min. Viola!! Total prep time: 35min.

I strongly suggest you spend the extra bit of effort into making the rice, because anyone can make curry, but not everyone can make good briyani rice.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.