BMN 4.88% $2.73 bannerman energy ltd

any insights into this stock?, page-22

1. 1,381 Posts.
    Fair point trevorpe, and an interesting one at that.

Unfortunately I'm only reposting the article so I cannot really talk to the underlying motivations of whoever was intereviewed. All I can do is speculate or comment on a few points below:

- The sales of stockpiles you're referring to were planned, communicated and budgeted for several years prior to now.
    - Short term sales might be desirable to mitigate fiscal issues caused by the US printing money and spending it like its going out of fashion
    - The quantity of sales planned is not equivalent to even BMN's life of mine capacity alone, and thus may be a drop in the water compared to long term intent in africa
    - Their interest may be in securing long term strategic resources rather than utilising short term supply stockpiles
    - Different areas within the US govt have different opinions on the same topic, this article may reflect a deviation of policy internally
    - Past sales are the responsibility of previous administrations and may not reflect future strategic direction of the current administration

The sales of these stockpiles is part of an international disarmament programme that may has specific political outcomes driving it. That does not mean that the US isnt interested in maintaining supply of strategic mineral resources. It may even mean it is more important because on the one hand they are selling uranium so they may need to mine or source supply to offset that from their own internal perspective. There is probably nothing to stop them selling their HEU and sourcing equal or larger quantities or possible supplies of of LEU. The fact it may not be weapons grade could be irrelevent as the would enrich only if required, or it would be enriched secretly, or after the disarmament programme is complete for obvoius political reasons.

There is also one other possibility which I think you are calling out:
    - The guy who wrote the article may not know what hes on about, or perhaps I am drawing too much inference on the article itself

That last point may also be valid but who knows for sure.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BMN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.73
Change
-0.140(4.88%)
Mkt cap ! $479.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.78 $2.79 $2.65 $1.990M 729.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1000 $2.72

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.74 5570 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BMN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.