Hi ddzx, I am a great lover of Aust Natives tooMy current place...

1. 5,380 Posts.
    Hi ddzx, I am a great lover of Aust Natives too

My current place is 90% made up of them, as I like to give the local wildlife their natural food sources, plus I love their character and different forms and colours

I tend to tip prune most of mine after flowering {especially with BottleBrushes} as it makes them flower better and keeps them more dense, and compact if that's what is needed in some spots

Some of them, especially the faster growing varieties, I 'll prune back a fair bit at least once a year

The 'Ivory Curl' you mentioned is a beautiful tree. I have several on my block, they are stunning when they are in full bloom

I also have a long fence border of Syzygium Cascades {Pink Flowering Lilly Pilly} they are really nice too and have proved to be very hardy.

Another great native tree that you can use the leaves for cooking, or making tea/oils is the Lemon Scented Myrtle (Backhousia Citriodora} small to med tree, up to 10m

I have 2 on my block and they are a lovely dense tree, I keep mine pruned to about 3m with no problem

'Honey Gem' is one of my favourite Grevilleas, the parrots go mad in them, and they flower pretty well all year

Keep up the good work
    Cheers outandin

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.