Hi again ddzx !!Would love to see a pic of that hybrid 'Honey...

1. 5,380 Posts.
    Hi again ddzx !!

Would love to see a pic of that hybrid 'Honey Gem' if you could. Grevilleas are great shrubs/trees, they attract the birds, they have beautiful varieties of flowers/colours. are quite drought tolerant, and grow reasonably fast

As with most Aust Natives "DeadHeading' the plants after flowering keeps them bushy and produces more flowers.

Grevilleas especially benefit from that process. Takes a bit of time occasionally, but I always enjoy doing that kind of stuff in the garden !!

I had my own Landscaping/Garden Maint business for many years ,and have my Hort 2/3 certif's so am familiar with many of them

Some great tried and tested ones are:

Grevillea Poorinda Royal Mantle {groundcover]...very tough, great coverage.. 6m plus and profuse red flowers.

Grevillea Sylvia {small tree with deep pink flowers} very showey !!

Grevillea Robyn Gordon AND Ned Kelly {2 bulletproof shrubs with red/orange flowers all year}

Grevillea Moonlight {small tree with pale cream/yellow flowers}

Grevillea Kay Williams {small tree with light pink flowers}

Grevillea Lime Spider {shrub with orange flowers and vivid lime green foliage} very ornamental

Grevillea Orange Marmalade {small orange flowers, very nice}

Also, Westringia Fruticosa {Native Rosemary} are worth considering. very tough and look great in native gardens

And if you're looking for something for aesthetics, the Dianella Revoluta or Dianella Perfoliata are great for filling in spots under and between trees
    The birds love their fruits also

Your Ivory Curl looks pretty healthy, it looks to be going well {other than the ants/moths} you mentioned.

They love a good drink now and then and will flourish if you can keep it up to them a bit
    They usually take a good 3 years or so before flowering well though

Those Tuckeroos would have to be one of the toughest Aust Natives going, they will grow in just about anything lol

Hope you keep us up to speed on your garden ddzx

I wish more people were into our Natives, it helps our wildlife so much and they have a lot of charm imo..

Hope I haven't ranted on too much !!

Cheers outandin

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.