Hi Michelef, Would love to see your birdwing butterflies. I...

1. 510 Posts.

Hi Michelef,

Would love to see your birdwing butterflies.
    I planted 3 or 4 vines and one of them really took off,but i have moved on from that project so did not get to experience the butterflies.

There is a series of books on Australian rainforest plants for anyone interested by Hugh and Nan Nicholson with great photos and descriptions of where they exist,and really interesting information about the trees,shrubs,groundcovers,vines etc.

etc.https://www.facebook.com/rainforest.publishing

I had a look on there facebook page and they have a shot of the birdwing vine which is pollinated by midges.Not as detailed as the books but worth a look.

Love the Tree waratahs [Alloxylon flammeum], have one in full flower at the moment.Crown of gold [Barklya stringafolia] is also an awesome shrub small tree. Some of these take 7 years to flower unless you get cutting grown plants but very impressive in full flower. These are awesome for footpaths if you dont have enough room in the garden.

So many beautiful Australian trees and shrubs and the councils/developers often put very ordinary plants in.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.