MWE mawson west ltd

On 22 Jan I sent the following email to company management...

1. 648 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 38
    On 22 Jan I sent the following email to company management (CM):

I and other shareholders here in Brisbane had planned to ask a couple of questions before voting on the Resolutions now passed at the 20 Jan AGM but other, weather induced, priorities got in the way of our administration. Now, if you provided the answers at the AGM we apologise
    for taking up your time. The questions were:

1. why was there a need to consolidate the share capital?

2. why a basis of 4 and not 5 or 3 or ...? and

3. were there any shareholders with options who missed out on the
    extended expiry date given to directors and if yes, why?

FYI, I note that shareholders are now again using the HotCopper forum (http://www.hotcopper.com.au/search_do.asp) to exchange information on MWE. As a general comment from my network of shareholders, most were disappointed in the AGM documentation in that it told us what you wanted
    to do but not why.

We now look forward to the BFS details due next month. With copper now reaching dizzy heights, the timing of your TSX IPO is most timely.

On 22 Jan, I received the following from CM:

I hope you didn't suffer too much damage in the floods, a terrible affair. I will give you a bit of a brief update on where we have come from, where we are at present and where we intend to go.

After deciding to delist the Company in June 09 (when our share price was 3c with a market cap around $3.7million) we have advanced the Company significantly. We are now a copper producer with another mine in development and have just completed a pre-IPO private financing of $60million at 50c which gives us an implied current market cap of around
    $225 million. We are well on track to relist (IPO) the Company on the TSX in late February - early March this year, with a further $40-$60Million public offer. On the TSX many Companies are regards as "penny dreadfuls" if the price is less than $2.00 and they don't like too many
    shares outstanding. For very large institutional investment we have passed the first hurdle ($200+ million market cap) we want to remove the other hurdle - $2.00 share price and we accomplished that via a 1 for 4share consolidation. There were no other shareholders or employees with the 2011 expiry date, there were all 2013 or 2015.

I must have a look at hot copper I haven't done so since June 09.

I believe we have added significant shareholder wealth over the past 18 months and intend to continue doing so; keep an eye out for our TSX debut in Feb.

End of MWE email

So the next two important events in Feb/Mar are the release of the BFS and the TSX listing after which we should all know the market value of MWE shares.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.