LKO 0.00% $1.00 lakes blue energy nl

If there is a favourable decision before the election which...

1. 642 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    If there is a favourable decision before the election which would allow further exploration and/or development, then the Government may in fact be pleased.
    They created the ban to win Green preferences, but if the ban is thwarted, they will be able to wash their hands of the decision saying that they need to abide by the Court's decision.

A bit like when local councils refuse planning permits for a brothel to appease the voters. The refusal is almost always overturned by the tribunal and the Councillors can say "You cant blame me".

On the other hand if LKO is awarded damages and the ban stays, then this spells bad news for the Government. They will have to carry the burden of 1 Billion dollar payout for the abandoned East West link as well as a payout to Lakes (Gina will be bad news for Mr Andrews here).

Just my thoughts. The best outcome for the Government would be case dismissed, but after that they would be hoping for the resumption of exploration/development. A payout would be a nightmare no matter what kind of spin they fabricate around it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LKO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.