TGR 0.00% $5.22 tassal group limited

Yeah Joe, you have a feel for what's happening on the...

1. 290 Posts.
    Yeah Joe, you have a feel for what's happening on the ground...

I'm guessing you were in Woolies?....my understanding is that no product other than a Tassal product is allowed to be sold in Coles, such is their commercial arrangement.

When Tassal raised capital at $3.80 or so, they used some of the proceeds to buy the 'Superior Gold' brand, which at the time constituted about 60% of the smoked packaged market....

Superior gold brand used to use Norwegion product....Tassal stocked it with its own stuff...

Norway launched a new brand to access this market and they have been very aggressive as seen in your local woolies....

The brand is 'Deep blue' or some such....mainly offering price competition

The packaged and canned market has always been competitive but of course, Tassal has been going to great lengths to put up barriers, which they have successfully at some cost in recent years

I can understand how you could be spoilt by a local supplier....nobody really thinks Tassal stuff is the best salmon you ever tasted....when you strive for efficiency and 70% of the market, its a very commercial rather than foodie pursuit....I do buy Tassal though:)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.