NKP 0.00% 9.9¢ nkwe platinum limited

Actually, very relevant...

1. 132 Posts.
    Actually, very relevant
    http://www.bdlive.co.za/business/mining/2014/07/25/minister-shrugs-off-mine-sales

"At his budget vote briefing, Mr Ramatlhodi and his director-general, Thibedi Ramontja, made a point of reminding journalists that the sale would have to take place "with the concurrence of the minister" as it involves the transfer of a mining right. "We should be able to regulate how they sell it and, to some extent, to whom they sell it — especially the 26%," Mr Ramatlhodi said. There is also the possibility, he added later, that under the amended act, platinum could be declared a "strategic" mineral which would compel producers to sell a portion of production at a special domestic price"

"Some have alleged — including former Gold Fields chairwoman Mamphela Ramphele — that the role of the department has extended to suggesting names of individuals to be empowered, something that the department has always denied"

Comment: This fire sale presents Mr Ramatlhodi the perfect opportunity to embed the demands of AMCU into economic practice. The mineral resource minister of SA is an empowerment hardliner.
    I passed wind when a poster asked, 'who is paying for Bengs costs?".............nkp is not in a legal battle with some tribe. They are in a pincer grip of the state and an IR environment that is about to erupt. If Amplats are being lubed up for the treatment, partly shielded by the intense gaze of the international community, what chance has some forgotten co got?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NKP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.