AAR 0.00% 7.8¢ astral resources nl

any thoughts , page-3

1. 1,598 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 42
    Cheers Buddy,

Thanks for the reply. :-)

I understand that it is all speculation and only AAR can give us a real answer. Just thought that the 'more wise and experienced' might like to share their preliminary thoughts on what we know so far and before the scoping study arrives. Obviously not. :-)

On a side issue, it was interesting to read that Aditya Birla are on the acquisition path. It's a shame they are looking for projects that are about double the size of what AAR are proposing with their Sandiego startup. :-(

Maybe someone should tell them they need to look a little lower than their current scope and they might find a gem? :-P :-)

Article from 'The Australian' by Matt Chambers.

Aditya Birla eyes $500m acquisition Matt Chambers

COPPER miner Aditya Birla Minerals is looking to make acquisitions worth $500 million as it tries to replicate its WA underground copper project.

Managing director Sunil Kulwal said the company, which is 51 per cent-owned by India's Hidalco, wanted to increase production beyond the 80,000 tonnes a year expected from its two Australian mines.

"We're looking to invest further in good copper prospects, either greenfields in Australia or the rest of the world, or if there is a company that is in definitive feasibility stage," Mr Kulwal told reporters at the company's Nifty site, 1250km northeast of Perth.

Mr Kulwal said that if Aditya Birla bought an advanced project, it would be looking for something that could produce between 50,000 and 100,000 tonnes of copper a year and could be worth $200m to $300m.

Combined with greenfields projects worth up to $20m, Aditya Birla could spend up to $500m, he said.

A major shareholder willing to back the acquisitions -- Hidalco -- and a healthy balance sheet put the company in a good position, Mr Kulwal said. But he said that with the copper market running hot, reasonably priced acquisitions were hard to find.

Aditya Birla bought the Nifty open pit mine in 2005 from Straits Resources. It then developed the Nifty underground mine, which processes nickel sulphide ore, to produce about 55,000 tonnes a year of copper concentrate.

The Perth-based company also plans to restart the mothballed Mount Gordon copper mine near Mount Isa in the next few weeks. The high-cost mine was closed in January last year after copper prices plunged. But a big run-up in copper prices to near-record levels of $US4 a pound has allowed it to restart the mine. Company shares rose 5c to $1.38.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $72.94M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.0¢ 8.0¢ 7.8¢ $49.03K 621.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 160000 7.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.9¢ 260800 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.