HIG 0.00% 10.5¢ highlands pacific limited

anybody out there ?

1. 502 Posts.

Yes, there are many out here. I'm just sitting back; very relaxed; waiting for the market to realise the true value of Highlands so that I can reap the benefits of an investment I first made 7 or 8 years ago. (and via a strategy of averaging down, now shows a healthy profit!)

We have had some disappointments along the way - Kainantu being the most notable. I think we are still paying for the Kainantu gold hedge decision - many investors (and the market) have long memories.

However, I am pleased to see that the current management team; immediately after having taken the helm, got us out of Kainantu with $30M in the bank and two major assets in tact.

Ramu is about to go into production (4Q09); ramping up to full production capacity over 12 months - this will see cashflow - always a good thing. Our production costs $4.0/lb ... current market price ~~$9.0/lb. Our share 9.8%

Frieda reserves will be restated in December - and it is likely that we will see a significant increase in resource estimates. Pre-feasibility due June next year ...

We still have Nena (largely our own) and some very promising exploration potential

All in all, its coming together rather nicely ... we're about to become a major Nickel producer (Ramu); we have a worldclass major Copper development project in the pipeline (Frieda) with a worldclass partner (Xtrata)and indications of a VERY VERY low production cost (20c/lb) with Cu currently trading at ~$2.75/lb; some potential for expansion (Nena) and some blue sky exploration potential.

So I wait in anticipation of the good days to come for Highlands !

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HIG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.