anybody working on the 3/4/5/6 property?, page-5

1. 19,526 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 56
    Great tips Kincella. The type of property you go for is directly related to what you want from it. Personally I focus on rental return not capital gains, as I want the properties to pay themselves off. It also enables you to plug more properties into your portfolio over time much faster. To that end I find outer suburb properties to be the best value for me, but I am always conscious to buy properties close to bus and train transport corridors to allow for easy transport to the city centre.

By focusing on rental return you don't necessarily do as well on capital gains, but in my case for example my properties are in an area slated for significant rejuvenation over the next 10 years which will drive values up significantly at a later stage. So capital gains can still be there - just further down the track, but for long term investors it does not matter.

Long term property investment is not as you say a whiz bang quick way to make money but it is a low risk sure and steady way to generate wealth. Again personally for faster capital generation I invest in spec stocks but they can be high risk and you can lose 50% of your investment just like that, or you could multiply your investment many times. I find both to be good investments but as always you need to consider your own personal investment risk profile.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.