FLT 2.12% $22.66 flight centre travel group limited

anyone bought yet?, page-14

1. 22,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    No i am not. As much as it hurt, i cut my losses and moved out of it. It was making me to depressed just watching it decline $1 at a time. Each time it plunged i lived in hope that it would go back up.

My biggest advice is to buy a stock, have a figure in your head that your arent prepared to lose any more on and put that stop in straight away.

Otherwise you get caught in the situation you are in at the moment. In no mans land, just hoping for a bounce back.

I have learnt. I bought flt at about $18+. When it cracked $16, i was thinking then i should really jump off it. Then it cracked $15, i held, then further. I jumped off then and in hindsight, glad i did, but filthy i didnt put a stop in originally. If so, i would have got out at $17 and would have saved myself a s&^% load.

It takes out the psychology of making a decision.

I was lucky recently. I held ZFX, made a decent profit and put a stop in at $4.18. Twice in 4 weeks the stock touched $4.18 but it didnt take me out. It has since risen to $5 today. I will place my next stop this week in at about $4.65.

I was very lucky there. I have learnt the hard way, dont worry about that. Copped a hammering because i didnt put stops in. Then again, sometimes you shouldnt panic and the stock bounces straight back. You win some, you lose some.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FLT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$22.66
Change
0.470(2.12%)
Mkt cap ! $5.008B
Open High Low Value Volume
$22.34 $22.75 $22.22 $29.64M 1.327M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 696 $22.64

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$22.67 993 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FLT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.