QAN 0.43% $7.00 qantas airways limited

Anyone Calling Sub $2 for QANTAS ?, page-991

1. 187 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 154
    A hugely important statistic relating to the carona virus is the number of cases detected from an unknown source (broadly known as community transmission).

Yesterday there was 1 community transition in Australia.

The interpretation is that the CV is firmly under control in Australia. Confirming this view, the New Zealand Prime Minister recently proclaimed CV was "currently' eliminated as NZ had no community transmissions.

Australian Governments can not afford to be too exuberant now, and the end battle needs to be played out, but I think they know Australia will be getting back to business far more quickly than most people think likely.

Sadly, this will not be the case for the rest of the world (with high community transitions) and a long battle remains for many, probably including the US.

To me, the latest CV statistics suggest Qantas domestic operations will start up soon, but significant international travel may be a year or more away, although travel to and from New Zealand should boom.

As domestic travel and frequent flyer make Qantas the most profits, with jet fuel at low prices and with investor's worried about airlines, now may be a good time to buy Qantas shares.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.00
Change
0.030(0.43%)
Mkt cap ! $10.94B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.93 $7.01 $6.93 $28.80M 4.124M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 43822 $6.97

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.00 16350 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.