MSB 0.54% 92.0¢ mesoblast limited

anyone else conduct any due diligence on celgene?, page-4

1. 744 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 238
    @madamswer

The fact that hardly anyone bothers to reply to your thread means that there are not many people who have researched about the relationship between Celgene and MSB from the point of view of Celgene.

I remember @Harymeso asked about where to find any reference to Celgene being involved in heart disease treatment, but he never got any satisfactory reply from the person who speculated that Celgene and MSB are currently negotiating to take over the CHF trial.

Last month, I did try to find out if Celgene is indeed as enthusiastic towards MSB as a certain poster likes to portray it.

The link below is my post on this matter last month:

http://hotcopper.com.au/posts/18162865/single

In addition, I also explored Celgene's website with the intention of learning about Celgene's strength and area of focus.

These are my conclusion:

1. Celgene is focused on cancer treatment, not heart disease treatment. Therefore, I don't subscribe to a certain poster's imagination that Celgene is currently in discussion with MSB to take over Teva's role as the banker for the continuation of CHF trial.

2. In April 2015, Celgene bought 15.3 million shares of MSB at A$3.82. So far, this A$58.5 million investment has yielded a paper loss of A$41.2 million. In the context of Celgene that has a market cap of US$82 billion, this is not even a peanut, it's more like a sesame seed.

Since then, had Celgene really believed in MSB's potentials, it could have provided MSB with much needed capital injection. But, as hard as it is to accept for a certain poster, it never did.

- It didn't participate in the Nasdaq listing, which was cleared at USD$8 per MESO ADS (equivalent to USD$1.60 per MSB, as 1 MESO = 5 MSB)

- When Teva walked away, Celgene didn't pick up the phone and offer MSB any kind of capital injection. As a result, MSB had no other option but to get into bed with the likes of Kentgrove, which no financially secure company would ever consider.

3. The fact that the original ROFR expired and then extended for free and then never extended again simply means that Celgene is not interested. I simply can not understand how some people can interpret this development as MSB and Celgene being involved in an even deeper discussion with an imminent announcement any moment now. Maybe my brain and the brain of the person who likes to speculate wildly operate in different wavelengths.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
92.0¢
Change
-0.005(0.54%)
Mkt cap ! $1.050B
Open High Low Value Volume
92.0¢ 92.5¢ 91.5¢ $1.133M 1.233M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 151980 91.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
92.0¢ 29989 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.