UOS 0.89% 55.5¢ united overseas australia limited

anyone follow this stock?, page-2

1. 3,792 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 640
    You certainly are patient, gung-ho! UOS has been around for years and going nowhere for ages.

Apparently the price got smashed down after the Asian currency crisis years ago and has never recovered.

These overseas-based companies where the directors hold most of the shares make for very frustrating investments as they rarely bother to promote their stock.

Yesterday's announcement might help UOS's fortunes along though.

It is an amazing story. At the time of yesterday's announcement, the market cap was around $25m. Yet their net cash worth was around $13.5m and their real estate worth $120m. Earnings per shares were 17c, teh dividend is around 10% and they're forecasting equally good or better times ahead. Now, I know they're in Malaysia, but does any company deserve to be so undervalued!

Beats me why they don't stage a MBO or at least sell up a few buildings to realise some of the worth.

I wonder what the options are for releasing value in situations like this?

I suppose it could continue to be grossly undervalued, but yesterday's doubling of NTA hopefully will trigger some sort of price re-rating. NTA now sits at $2.14, as againt the sahre price before th announcement wheich was 40c! Today the price jumped from 42c to 60c. Maybe when the story filters out some more it will climb to at least a dollar.

Cheers Anne

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UOS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
55.5¢
Change
-0.005(0.89%)
Mkt cap ! $186.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
55.5¢ 55.8¢ 55.5¢ $8.693K 15.59K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 34264 55.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
56.5¢ 2727 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.17am 01/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
UOS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.