Poor old Flim Flan and his pathetic following of climate...

1. 7,192 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 235
    Poor old Flim Flan and his pathetic following of climate liars

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/commentary/professor-tim-flannery-laments-his-colossal-failure-on-climate-activism/news-story/3650e3e98ab652a975d1a67dfeb2adba

Professor Tim Flannery laments his ‘colossal failure’ on climate activism

In an article for The Conversation in 2012, Flannery wrote that Victoria’s “changing climate is likely to lead to less snowfall”. As ABC business reporter Daniel Ziffer wrote last Friday, the real estate industry is booming in the Victorian Alps due to bumper snowfalls over the last several years. For those of you worried about Ziffer receiving a narrative violation from his employer, fear not. In this 876-word article he dutifully made six references to “climate change”.

Not only is Flannery known for making ridiculous predictions, he also has a habit of denying what he said. Commenting on this in 2011, ABC journalist Virginia Trioli stated “I’ve sat with Tim Flannery at forums and the like, where he has point-blank said: no, I never said that. And I’ll say: yes you did, here’s the quote. And then he’ll run a gag with the audience, a plea to get them on side, saying it must have been in the News Limited papers. And you’ll get a ha, ha, ha. And I’ll be there going, no, here it is, it’s actually in a Fairfax paper, not that that matters anyway. So this is intriguing to me because he has a little bit of a reputation of saying things and then denying it.”

https://www.9news.com.au/national/new-south-wales-weather-snow-in-perisher-while-cold-temperatures-forecast-for-parts-of-the-state/237e7ef8-81d8-4c5b-8b77-d6c9eacb85f1

Winter arrives early, as temperatures plunge and snow falls

4:16pm May 15, 2021

Parts of Australia are experiencing an early taste of winter this weekend, with temperatures plunging and snow falling in parts of the country.
    Cold fronts are bringing brisk winds, showers, small hail and highland snow to Tasmania, southern South Australia, Victoria and southern New South Wales.
    It's the coldest day of the year so far for many parts, with the mercury only climbing to 12.8C and 12.1C in Melbourne and Canberra.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.