anyone for mining superintendent

1. pst
    673 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Title Mining Superintendent
    Role Mining
    Category Mineworkers / Operators - Mineral Processing (Not Coal) Operators

Location Australia - NT - Darwin

Company Geddes Parker and Partners Pty Ltd , Vacancies [ 1 ] (Posted on 08 April 2008 Tuesday 02:44 pm)
    Experience 5 to 7 Years
    Educational Qualification Bachelor's Degree (3 Year)
    Skills Team Working

Salary - -
    Career Level Management (Manager/Director of Staff)
    Job Type Permanent

Job Status Full Time

Open Pit Development; Contractor Management Role; Darwin Based Opportunity

Our client, Compass Resources NL, is developing the Browns Oxide Project, a 1.3 mtpa open pit mine feeding copper/cobalt/nickel ore to the process plant. This is the first phase of mining with a number of satellite deposits to be developed leading to a Mine Life of 8-10 years for this oxide phase.

Reporting to the Mining Manager, your primary responsibility will be the supervision and contractual management of the Mining Contractor. A traditional truck and shovel operation, your role will be to ensure the recovery of minable ore reserves with minimal dilution, to work with the contractor to ensure compliance with the Compass OHandS policies and practices, and to provide the mine planning tools to achieve the desired production targets.

The ideal background will be a solid mining industry track record, which includes experience in a contract management role, supported by well developed planning and modelling skills. Your computer literacy will include Minemap, Vulcan or Surpac experience, with Minemap being the current software in use. With a commitment to integrating the local Aboriginal community into the operations workforce, experience in training and development of production personnel would be well regarded.

Based on a 5 day work week, and being within an hour’s commute of Darwin, the role offers the opportunity of establishing a normal work/life balance to take full advantage of the lifestyle and facilities being offered by this established Northern Territory city, without the constraints of a FIFO roster.

This is a key management position which will have a direct influence on the continuing success of this exciting development for Compass Resources. The remuneration package will be negotiated and will include relocation benefits as necessary. Enquiries and formal applications are to be directed to David Parker quoting Ref No: 5555A.
    Only people eligible to work in Australia can apply for this job

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CMR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.