ECT 0.00% 0.3¢ environmental clean technologies limited.

L,I keep a good eye on the coal and coal technology space so...

1. 156 Posts.
    L,
    I keep a good eye on the coal and coal technology space so these reports are a natural attraction to me.
    The Latrobe Valley will explode in prosperity if we can harness the energy reserves whilst taming the emissions problem. Technology WILL do this and for all technology solutions its just a matter of time.

I look out of my kitchen window and I see the cooling stacks of Yallourn every morning (albeit at great distance and from the advantage of an elevation just below the winter snowline)and it reminds me of the practical limitations of the coal conundrum that is very rarely debated with balance.

And that is: will the voters of Victoria be prepared to pay 2-3 times more for electricity and suffer supply disruptions to pursue their "green" ideology and eliminate coal as a feedstock to electricity?

I dont think so.

Electrification coverage and its (lowest)cost base is well accepted by economists as being directly correlated to economic prosperity.

But I do agree that we need to improve the EFFICIENCY of our energy production and limit the WASTE associated with these industries. That's right! Its not about the environment or being green (or at least it shouldnt be). Its about EFFICIENCY and WASTE. It always has been and always should be. I am not comfortable with the green ideologues now thinking they own the market on these two basic principles of economic development. What I think they can be proud in knowing is that they may have found a popular way of accelerating the pursuit of EFFICIENCY and WASTE limitation FOR ONE PARTICULAR PART OF THE ECONOMY.

This should never have become a debate about the environment. But I guess fundamental economic theory is probably a bit too boring for the average pundit.

(ad)Just my(our)thoughts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ECT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $9.515M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.3¢ $3.469K 1.156M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
46 19513067 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 11596834 27
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.57pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ECT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.