Hi, I am also affected by the coming closure of AOT. Have been a...

1. 1,457 Posts.
    Hi, I am also affected by the coming closure of AOT. Have been a AOT customer since they first started in the early 2000's.

Would be surprised if any of the AOT traders stay with Commsec if they close AOT. Their so called 'preferential brokerage rate' offered by Commsec seems pretty uncompetitive too.

Brokers that offer EOD bulking of contract notes -

As stated above Sequoia & Amscott - Sequoia Direct which have quite reasonable rates. Need to check whether you need to put funds into the Morrison Securities Trust Account rather than the Macquarie CMA. Trading Platform is Bourse Data which is Iress with the Bourse Data add-on from memory.

Should be able to arrange 'bulking' through Opentrader. The rates have changed and not as good since I first used OpenMarkets and I tried the Opentrader platform and it's very ordinary for daytrading. Could probably negotiate to use Iress with Openmarkets I guess.

Marketech - Nice rates but can you trade Chi-x or Centrepoint? Platform seems to be along the lines of the Opentrader platform. Had a look and it seems pretty poor for for daytrading too.

Really need a trading platform where you can bring up say 10-20 order tickets open ready to click instantly for multiple positions. ASX, Chi-x & Centrepoint. I already have access to Iress or Iguana2 Spark for the live markets.

The other is Invast Global DMA CFD's. Very good rates, no min. can be negotiated, can use IressTrader or Viewpoint and go long or short. Of course you are trading CFD's but it's DMA. Put fpmarkets in as well.

Anyway, if there are any further developments or other broker ideas please post. Cheers.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.