VHY 0.72% $59.26 vanguard australian shares high yield etf

anyone invested here, page-49

1. 1,594 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    Your technical analysis amazes me Occam, and thanks for sharing your knowledge.

For me, I see it a bit simpler. Looking at the returns of the various income ETFs over the past five years, VHY SYI RDV stand out from the pack. There may be other performers, but these have size and liquidity. And have been increasing market share, and have lower fees.

Whilst they don't aim to track the ASX exactly, they mostly do with a slight underperformance, but with extra income options.

So, I simply say, do I believe the market will do up or down, how long can i wait for growth, whilst enjoying high yields. With the ASX flirting near 5000 again, and the previous high still way up at 6800, I can wait a while receiving income in hope of future growth. Will the market ever hit 6800 again, of course it will. History tells us this, but it may be a while. I can enjoy income until then. Is the market cheaper now at 5000, than it was at 6000? Yes.

anyway, on a personal note, I buy VHY when the ASX 200 is below 5200, which i see as cheap in the long term.

Occam, I've decided I will buy the AEG oppies, see how they go, and then if they do well, I'll sell my CTN holding, hopefully at a higher price in 18 months, and convert the options.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VHY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.