Just got back from a lovely break in the Lakes District...

1. 885 Posts.
    Just got back from a lovely break in the Lakes District (England). Beautiful countryside and fantastic rambling tracks and views.

I live in a house in the country (escaped to the country) UK which I purchased from a bank. A 1900 Victorian property with lots of original features. Large rooms, grand entrance, high ceilings (3.25m) Leadlight windows, original fireplaces etc which I have been renovating (now near complete).
    I have also recently purchased 2 properties in London and can say that I agree with PJ70's comments as an investor in the UK.

I would like to add that in addition to the 50B Pounds that the BOE has recently given the banksters, the British Government announced a couple of days ago that it will be spending 40B Pounds on infrastructure projects which must commence within the next year.

It is true that cash is tight for many in UK, the country is in a hole and things look dire....
    It is also true that emigration is massive here and inflation is high contrary to Government figures.

There are many properties that are selling for less than the build price (or replacement value)....If they got any cheaper, they will be giving them away....IMO

As for Australian property....Do you fancy yourself as the greater fool??

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.