QFX 0.00% 0.1¢ quickflix limited

Stweeve,That's a trend no one could ignore. I agree with your...

1. 35 Posts.
    Stweeve,

That's a trend no one could ignore. I agree with your assessment, based on various forum discussions and search trends there are probably 200 000 Netflix users in Aus. By the end of the year there may be 500 000.

The relative ease with which people can access international services has been and continues to be a huge impediment to Quickflix's growth.

Unfortunately, I can't find the link but an article was posted on this forum recently in which a Netflix spokesperson said something along the lines of - we'll do something about unblocking if it becomes a problem.

It's not a question of if, it's when and when is very soon.

No one can blame consumers for getting the best deal they can for their money and corporate contracts are not their concern. However, Netflix cannot run a billion dollar business based on ignoring their contractual obligations to their suppliers. I have no idea how this will pan out - I doubt anyone does but will have a huge influence on QFX's success or failure.

I may be naive but I believe legitimate operators like QFX can compete. They can advertise, provide help desks and call centres, and form overt partnerships with device manufacturers and ISPs. Medium term QFX needs to close the content divide to make their offering more attractive. I also expect we will see some measures to make geo unblocking more difficult in the near future.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QFX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.