Fluffy,Just as a bit of an ice breaker for your mum try this...

1. 284 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1

Fluffy,

Just as a bit of an ice breaker for your mum try this little number as an extra to the plum pudding.

Haven't got the recipe as I normally just throw it together as I see fit but the basics are as follows.

Firstly get some mixed fruit and probably some extra cherries (glace). Soak it overnight or longer in rum or brandy or whatever your favourite drop is. Tia or Kahlua also good.

Go and buy a supermarket pudd and break it into bits and throw it in with the fruit.

If you think it is a bit dry throw in a bit more grog.

Get some vanilla ice cream and some cream. Whip the cream and let the ice cream melt a bit so once the cream is whipped it can be folded into the ice cream. To 4 litres ice cream I would probably do about 600 mls cream. I normally use thickened but it doesn't matter which.

Once the cream is combined add the fruit and pudd mixture and mix it in then refreeze. When you are freezing you will have to stir it now and then otherwise everything sinks to the bottom.

You will need extra containers obviously as you will pretty much double your volume.

Goes down a treat.

A variation is to omit the pudd and just have the marinated fruit only.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.