Anyone out there is making good money from trading, page-22

1. 1,200 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Hi Arthur........although still at a relatively tender age I have in the vicinity of 10 years in the market. Long story.......started as a staunch fundamentalist for around four years,idolised Buffett (still do),learnt everything (and read everything) I could find on analysing company accounts. Did okay but not spectacular.

Then I got a thirst for more risk and traded SPI futures for 3 years and ofcourse had to very quickly learn the ropes of TA and indicators (and stops!!) in order to survive. This was the best training I could have had and saved me years of pain........I copped it all very quick and learned how to survive long term.

Then the last few years I've spent developing a system that combines the best of both along with systems for analysing market value and deciding when to look short. (only happens maybe once evry couple of years)

After all this the system I use involves scanning the market for technical set ups first and then analysing those fundamentally to pick the best. Sometimes you just go with the TA (like I did with ICS thank God!!) but if faced with a choice I usually favour the better fundamentals. Don't have to choose very often as my criteria only kick up a few per month.

So..........in summary.........use technical criteria first to narrow down the universe from which you select. THEN apply fundamental analysis if you wish.

Cheers,

Ed

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.